- Title: Trendology: Building an Advantage through Data-Driven Real-Time Marketing
- Autor: C. Kerns
- Publisher (Publication Date): Palgrave Macmillan; 2014 edition (November 11, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: | 1137479558
- ISBN-13: | 978-1137479556
- File Format: EPUB, PDF
Should an airline be talking about the royal baby? What’s a candy bar doing Tweeting about a soccer match? Since when does laundry detergent weigh in on TV shows? Those conversations seem crazy, right? They’re strange, they’re different… and they are working.
Kerns dives into the data from more than 100 of the top brands on Twitter (including Disney, MTV, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, BMW, J.C. Penney, Nike, Sony, IKEA, and many more) to uncover patterns of real-time marketing performance across huge global events, smaller pop culture moments, breaking news stories, and daily hashtag trends. Along with these insights, readers will also learn:
– What works for brands doing real-time marketing, and what should be avoided?
– How to measure the performance of your real-time social strategy
– How a brand can leverage trends on an every-day basis
– Best practices to build a data-driven approach and team
– The future of brands and social trends, including interviews with digital thought leaders from Arby’s, the Boston Celtics, the Wharton School, the PGA Tour, and many more
Trendology brings insight to a topic that has, for too long, been fueled by opinion and luck. This book not only shows that real-time marketing is here to stay, but gives brands the tools and guidance to build out a smart, data-driven approach to the newest marketing trend.
A perfectly fascinating insight into this new media related world. Told so a layman can understand.