- Title: Software Evolution and Maintenance: A Practitioner’s Approach
- Autor: Priyadarshi Tripathy
- Publisher (Publication Date): Wiley; 1 edition (November 17, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: | 0470603410
- ISBN-13: | 978-0470603413
- File Format: EPUB, PDF
Provides students and engineers with the fundamental developments and common practices of software evolution and maintenance
Software Evolution and Maintenance: A Practitioner’s Approach introduces readers to a set of well-rounded educational materials, covering the fundamental developments in software evolution and common maintenance practices in the industry. Each chapter gives a clear understanding of a particular topic in software evolution, and discusses the main ideas with detailed examples. The authors first explain the basic concepts and then drill deeper into the important aspects of software evolution. While designed as a text in an undergraduate course in software evolution and maintenance, the book is also a great resource forsoftware engineers, information technology professionals, and graduate students in software engineering.
- Based on the IEEE SWEBOK (Software Engineering Body of Knowledge)
- Explains two maintenance standards: IEEE/EIA 1219 and ISO/IEC14764
- Discusses several commercial reverse and domain engineering toolkits
- Slides for instructors are available online
Software Evolution and Maintenance: A Practitioner’s Approach equips readers with a solid understanding of the laws of software engineering, evolution and maintenance models, reengineering techniques, legacy information systems, impact analysis, refactoring, program comprehension, and reuse.