- Title: Mastering Leap Motion
- Autor: Brandon Sanders
- Publisher (Publication Date): Packt Publishing – ebooks Account (November 25, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: | 1783551399
- ISBN-13: | 978-1783551392
- File Format: EPUB, PDF
Design robust and responsive Leap Motion applications for real-world use
About This Book
- Become an expert in making apps for Leap Motion using object-oriented programming
- Learn effective techniques and innovative design processes that are ideal for creating and testing 2D and 3D applications
- Explore the future of human and computer interaction enabled by Leap Motion today, through practical use cases
Who This Book Is For
If you want to begin writing full-fledged applications for the Leap Motion Controller or if you are trying to figure out how the Leap Motion device integrates with preexisting technologies, this is the book for you. Since we’ll be making heavy use of object-oriented programming, a working knowledge of any object-oriented programming language is essential. Basic familiarity with developing Leap Motion apps is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the various functions and tools provided for developers by the Leap Motion API
- Understand how Leap Motion detects and handles various gestures and movements made by users, including ergonomics and fatigue
- Create a simple 2D painting application using only Java and the Leap Motion API
- Design and create a 3D application using the Unity 3D toolkit
- Troubleshoot, debug, and optimize Leap Motion applications to improve their responsiveness
- Explore the future of Leap Motion technology and where it might be used tomorrow
Leap Motion technology offers a truly innovative way of interacting with software. Traditionally, computing has always involved the use of a keyboard, a mouse or a controller. Leap Motion gives developers a new solution to creating a radically new user experience, in a way that is both comprehensive and disruptive in the most exciting sense of the term. From typing to robotic hands and virtual harps, Leap Motion makes human and computer interaction so much more immersive.
Starting with the fundamentals, this book will arm you with the knowledge you need to write functional and intuitive 2D and 3D Leap Motion applications. Beginning with a quick step-by-step guide to get you set up and an overview of how the Leap Motion API works to consolidate your knowledge, the book then looks closely at writing a 2D painting application and explores how to create a 3D application. The book will then look forward to the future of Leap Motion and the future that could be made by it. Featuring diagrams, screenshots, and code examples to guide you as you master Leap Motion, this book will keep you in touch with the future of technology.