- Title: iOS Animations by Tutorials Second Edition: iOS 9 & Swift 2 Edition
- Autor: Marin Todorov
- Publisher (Publication Date): Razeware LLC; 2 edition (September 23, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: |
- ISBN-13: |
- File Format: EPUB, PDF
There is an updated version of this book, updated for Xcode 7.3 and Swift 2.2.
Search for “iOS Animations by Tutorials Second Edition Updated for Swift 2.2”
Make Delightful Animations with Swift! There’s no denying it: creating animations is one of the most enjoyable parts of iOS development. Animations are fun to create, they breathe life into your user interface, and they make your app a delight to use. In this book, you’ll learn about iOS animation in Swift from beginning to advanced through a series of hands-on tutorials and challenges, that make your app look and feel great.
Up to date with iOS 9, Xcode 7, and Swift 2.
Who This Book Is For:This book is for intermediate to advanced developers, who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development and want to dive deep into animations.
Topics Covered in iOS Animations by Tutorials:
- View Animations: Start with the basics by learning how to animate views: size, position, color, and more.
- Springs: Make your animations bounce with realistic spring behavior.
- Transitions: Add subtle transitoins when you add or remove subviews.
- Keyframe Animations: Learn how to make complex animations with precise multi-stage timing.
- Animation and Auto Layout: Learn how to animate with Auto Layout by animating constraints.
- Layer Animations: Dive deeper and use layer animation for more advanced techniques.
- Shapes and Masks: Learn how to use shapes and layer masks for cool effects.
- Gradient Animations: Make moving gradients like the “slide to unlock” screen.
- Stroke and Path Animations: Animate lines moving over time along a path.
- 3D Animations: Rotate, translate, and scale your layers over time in three dimensions.
- And much more, including: Particle emitters, frame animations, and third-party animation libraries!
The iOS Tutorial Team takes pride in making sure each tutorial we write holds to the highest standards of quality. We want our tutorials to be well written, easy to follow, and fun. And we don’t want to just skim the surface of a subject – we want to really dig into it, so you can truly understand how it works and apply the knowledge directly in your own apps.
About the Author
Marin Todorov is one of the founding members of the raywenderlich.com tutorial team. He is an independent iOS consultant and publisher, and also has a background in web and desktop development. Besides crafting code, Marin also enjoys blogging, writing books and speaking at conferences. He happily open sources code.
Really good book on iOS animations. I think the best for a wide range of practical animations. Marin is also great to follow on twitter. And he has a free monthly email with more animations. He obviously really cares about his work. I’ve been doing iOS work for years, but never did much with animation, and I have learned a lot.