- Title: Fluid Simulation for Computer Graphics, Second Edition
- Autor: Robert Bridson
- Publisher (Publication Date): A K Peters/CRC Press; 2 edition (September 25, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: | 1482232839
- ISBN-13: | 978-1482232837
- File Format: EPUB, PDF
A practical introduction, the second edition of Fluid Simulation for Computer Graphics shows you how to animate fully three-dimensional incompressible flow. It covers all the aspects of fluid simulation, from the mathematics and algorithms to implementation, while making revisions and updates to reflect changes in the field since the first edition.
Highlights of the Second Edition
- New chapters on level sets and vortex methods
- Emphasizes hybrid particle–voxel methods, now the industry standard approach
- Covers the latest algorithms and techniques, including: fluid surface reconstruction from particles; accurate, viscous free surfaces for buckling, coiling, and rotating liquids; and enhanced turbulence for smoke animation
- Adds new discussions on meshing, particles, and vortex methods
The book changes the order of topics as they appeared in the first edition to make more sense when reading the first time through. It also contains several updates by distilling author Robert Bridson’s experience in the visual effects industry to highlight the most important points in fluid simulation. It gives you an understanding of how the components of fluid simulation work as well as the tools for creating your own animations.
High-quality fluid simulation book for anyone who’s serious about computer graphics and physically-based computer animation. I have enjoyed the book thoroughly because the explanations are lay-person friendly yet intellectually satisfying. Some of the ideas in the book also ended up in my research projects. Highly recommended!
It is almost text book about fluid dynamic. Easy to read, well explained. If you want to look at the actual codes, this is not the right book. However, If you want to know the concept and method of numerical method of fluid dynamic, it is right book for you.